its so hard coming to terms with the fact that you're gone
when every single thing reminds me of you
the room we shared;
lord knows i still smell your perfume
the one you knew i loved so much
i remember waking up each morning smiling
because you always spoke in your sleep
speaking beautiful words
words that told me of how your heart beats only for me
the heart which now beats for someone else

i remember how every morning
you would kiss me awake and i would pretend to be surprised
meanwhile i had been awake all along
i would wake up hours before you
just to stare in awe at your beauty
and ask myself if i really had you
if i was dreaming or if in fact it was reality
i let my insecurities get in the way of our love
and my worst nightmares became the reality i face today

i remember how you would hold me so tight every night
and assure me of your love for me
and kiss me senseless before we would go to bed
i remember how you would tell me that no one;
no one was capable of taking the spot i had in your heart
i remember how you would take me out every Friday night
and we would do silly things like we did before we got married
to a dressy restaurant or even the beach where we ran around like kids
but i guess you now do all these for someone else
because it is clear to me that you are no longer mine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Powered by Blogger.